Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Impressed with a childhood friend

Was too young to remember meeting Rick. We both lived in the same neighbourhood and tho were were raised quite different from one another we were always friends. There were 3 of us, Rick,Dave and  myself.
 Rick was the most intelligent by far and came from a different family upbringing than Dave or I.
 The last time i saw Rick was over 30 years ago. Tho the Internet I got back in touch with him just a year ago.
 Found out that he was doing great and had been dragged, kicking and screaming, threw the high tec age and did not like to use the computer. Hell i figured he would be the one of us who would be the computer whizz. Being as he was the only one of us that hadn't dropped out of school. he wrote me a few letters and sent a few pics via snail mail, and mostly communicated with me tho his wife  whom was the computer person in the family :)  even tho she too did some kicking and screaming  about the new technical age.
 Anyway, the wife was gone for the day and Rick finally got on her computer and sent me an email. it was great, and the thing that really threw me was how well he typed. Wow, i was really impressed.
 Here i am 64 years old and thinking maybe there was some advantages in going to school :)
 Al tho i have never regretted not going to school ( never wanted to do anything that I needed an education for) i sure wish i could type as good as rick :)
 Thanks rick, u have inspired me to use spellcheck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment