Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Toejoe

When we were kids, well i guess when we learned to speak, my brother and i were taught to say Toejoe instead of poop or poo or shit, or whatever the word was at that time.
As we grew up we always said " mom I have to go Toejoe" whenever we wanted to go to the bathroom or whatever. To us Toejoe was just a natuale word for poop or shit. We used that word all of our childhood.
When I was about 60 years old I lived with Miny, she was a chineese lady from Bejing China.
While i was with Miny i happened to use the word Toegoe, She asked why was I talking about Toejoe. I explained that Toejoe was what we called shit when we were kids.
Miny then explained to me that Toejoe was a Japeneese general in the war and everybody hated him.
I then realised that my dad had been in the war, fighting the japeneese and had taught his children to be prgidus without us even knowing it.
I guess it reminded him of the war every time we had to go to the bathroom and he thoutht Toejoe was shit.
I never new my dad to be a prejustis person but i guess he was against the Japeneese. I rememeber him telling war stories and I was always afraid that someday would have to go to war
Ooo, he also didnt like hindos, but I think that was just because hindos were his compeditors at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment