Sunday, March 27, 2011

Makes me feel young

I started going to the sale barn back in the early 90s. I had been interested in sale barns and animals all my life but never really had a chance to have my own untill I married Punkin.
We went to the sales form time to time for several years.
For some reason everytime i bought a cow or a goat or pig i always expected the auctioneer to say " Sold, to the young man in the third row" But he never did say it
Then one day at the sale i started looking around at the people around me and i thought "Hollyshit, I, am as old as some of these old people"
For some reason it makes me feel young to be at the salebarn
Even now at age 65 i sometimes feel like a dam kid when i go to the sale
I guess its because that was what i loved most when i was a kid, When im at the sale i always think about things that happened on Elbert and Walters farm when i was a kid. They milked jersy cows by hand, and had work horses to work the fields, evenafter they had tractors and trucks they still kept those clidsdales. They kept them untill the horses died of old age. I even remember my brother and I rideing on their old steel wheeled tractor with big steel kleets on the iron wheels
when i was a little older i would run away from home and climb over the fence at the "Pacific Nationl Exabition" and stay there all day and part of the night,spending most of the time in the livestock barns, just walking around looking at all the animals. And sometimes when the first circus show of the day was over i would sneek in as the crouds were comeing out. then hide inside untill the next show started.

No comments:

Post a Comment