Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Speedsew

1968. I went to the chinaman (corner store) to buy cigarets for my wife and a few things to eat. i walked around the store for awhile picked up what i needed , paid for it and went home.
When i got home i found a tube of Speedsew (glue) in my pocket. I had put it in my pocket accidently while i was looking around the store. This was in January In edmonton Alberta, proberly 30 below zero outside, I sure wasnt going to walk back to that store that night.
I didnt have a car at that time as I had my drivers lience taken away.
I had only been married a month or so and I was determand that I was not going to be a bad guy and end up in jail again.
The next day I went back to the chinaman , explained what had happened and paid him for the speedsew.
After i paid him i felt kind of silly, cuz there was no need for it, afterall , I had been a shoplifter for most of my life. But I did feel good about paying him and i do beleave that was was the last time I ever lifted anything out of a store. I guess it was my wife that changed my ways, seems to me i didnt get in much trouble whenever I had a wife. Proberly it was something to do with me being alone. I always thought cicaligy ( however the hell u spell it with no spellcheck) was interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment