Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sawed off rifle

I guess about age 12 or so. I had a 22 rifle, no idea where it came from.
   Those were the days of Steve McQueen on TV, I think it was called Bounty Hunter. HE had a sawed off shotgun that he carried in a holster. I was impressed, so i decided I would have a sawed off gun also.
  It was a single shot 22, i sawed a peace off the barrel, then a peace off the stock, then another peace off the barrel, then removed the stock altogether, then cut another peace off the barrel.  In the end i had a peace of the barrel and the bolt and the trigger left :). It was about 6 inches long.
   It still fired a bullet, but as the barrel was about 2 inches long it didn't have very much power, although I'm sure we could have killed our selves playing around with it. Its a wounder nobody got hurt.
  Ive been in touch with my buddy rick from back in those days and now some 50 years latter he remembers shooting that gun in our basement and he recalls thinking about it the next day and how dangerous it was.
  i remember carrying it around in my pocket and shooting at anything the looked like a target, bottles were the best, loved to see them smash into peaces. I'm sure we broke some windows with it also.
   I remember shooting at the street light on the corner of 12th street and Sutherland ave.  when it was dark i would shoot at the light and the bullet went so slow i could see it going thew the air and bouncing off the light.    i shot few bullets at it that bounced of then threw a rock and smashed it to peaces.  that happened many times over the years. Never did get caught

No comments:

Post a Comment