Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Footprints in the bank

Late 1960s,Sherwood Park,Edmonton,Alberta.

      It was in the first days of my brick contracting business.
   In those days i didn't have a mud mixer, mixed all the mud by hand. I had learned this trick from Ope and Opey, bricklayers i had worked for as a helper.  I made a mud box put the sand and cement in the open box and then jumped in and stomped around the mix up the mud.
   This day i was mixing black mud, put in the black color, and jump in stomping around in the mud till it got all mixed in an even color.
   It was freezing at the time and of course a lot of mud frozen on my boots. In this case it was black mud
   In the middle of the day i had to go to the bank. I jumped in my truck and headed to the bank. While sitting in the truck the heat thawed the black mud on my boots.
  i arrived at the bank jumped out of the truck and went into the bank, i walked all the way across the bank to the teller and did my business and as i turned to leave i saw where i had come in the bank and there was a trial of black footprints coming from the door right to me.  I didn't look around to see who was watching me, i just put my head down and walked  strait for the door, leaving another set of footprints behind me.
   As I was going out the door i looked back and could see every step i had made in the bank. I didn't waste any time getting to my truck  and getting to hell out of there.
    How i hate that negative attention :(

1 comment:

  1. To bad you didn't have a digital cam to take a pic back then

    ReplyDelete