Monday, January 17, 2011

Strange stuff happens

In 2000 my wife was killed in a car wreck.
 The night before she died,her and i were going to Gainesville in her Cadillac.  She was driving. The condition of the roads was very bad. There were potholes everywhere u looked. Punkin ( my wife) was driving all over the road to try and miss the potholes. Steering from one side of the road to the other. Some of those potholes were deep and you could easily damage your car if you hit them.
 I didn't usually back seat drive , but this time i told her to go the other way to work in the morning. I said" You will get yourself killed trying to miss all these potholes
  The next morning she got up and left for work, the last thing i heard was ( I love u Punkin) and i answered . ( I love u Punkin)  We always called each other Punkin
 Just like i had told her the night before she took the long way around to work.
 She was about half way to work ( going the other way ,as i had told her.)
 I'm sure she was listening to her funny songs she had recorded for her grand kids. she would have been happy and singing along with the CD player.
 she was going up a hill and a car came over the top of the hill, doing 79 mph on the wrong side of the road. It was a supped up race car and she died instantly on impact.
    The driver of the race car also died, turned out i knew the kid driving the car that killed her
   i had met him many years before, in the early eighties,  God and i were at his moms place helping out with some horse business.
   I remember walking across the gravel driveway and there was a kid , maybe 10 years old., doing wheelies and racing up and down the driveway on little orange tractor, or maybe a 4 wheeler.
   As I crossed the driveway the kid drove that machine up to me (nearly hitting me) and said ( watch this" as he did some wheelie or some race trick.
   He did his wheelie and came back and asked me if i thought it was neat.
I told him," you shouldn't be doing that someday you might hurt or kill somebody doing that.
   Many years latter, i think he was twenty four at the time, he killed himself and my wife with his race car.
   A witness said the kid was following him, and had backed off to get up some speed to pass, He went by so fast the driver didn't even see him till he was passed, then he went over the hill on the wrong side of the road.
   Police say he died in the back seat, I think he still alive when the police arrived , but just barely alive and died soon after.
   At the time of impact he had been sitting on a Racine harness.   His mother couldn't make him stop driving the race car so she told him" Ill buy you a racing harness if you promise to wear it."

   Strange stuff huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment