Friday, April 1, 2011

My first finance

The winter of 1966 I worked for United Exploreation, as a drillers helper on a sismic drilling crew in the oil fields of The Nortwest Teritorries.
I was in a bushcamp for three months, getting paid $1.35 an hour, working lots of hours and no place to spend the money.
I was going to be 21 in the spring and i was planing to buy a brandnew car because ii would be of age to get financeing. lol, little did i know.
I got out of camp at the end of may and didnt turn 21 until the 18th of april. I had a pocket full of cash when i got out of camp but by the time my birthday came around i was close to broke. :)
ON my birthday I prodly walked into a car lot and anouced that I wanted that new blue chevy out front. Nobody laughed out load but Im sure there were chucles behind my back. :) Even I, laugh now when i think about it.
It didnt take the salesman long to put me strait about buying cars, and soon sold me a 59 chevy for $200.oo down and financed $300.00.
Im sure the car was only worth $200.00 to start with but I was happy to have a car and proud to owe the finance company money. lol It was a sart to good credit, it only took me till i was in my 60s to get good credit at the bank. :)
If anybody is reading this and knows how iI can get spellcheck working please let me know. anybody like my daughter :) love u jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment