Sunday, December 12, 2010

first near death experience

i spent 2 years in grade one and 2 years in grade 3. grade four i got spinale menengietious, i was sick in bed for some time, doctor macdonald had come to our house to see me several times.
late one night i got really sick and my dad called the doc.  the doc came to the house and soon called for a ambulance to take me to the hosbital in vancouver

as sick as i was i remember it was very exciting to know i was going in an ambulance.  they had a long way to go and they had the sirene on with red lights flashing, wow , what a ride, then as we were going around a corner i heard a bump and grind, the ambulance had hit a car, just a fender bender but they had to stop and get the insurance info, i remember thinking even at that age, how silly it was that they had to do the paperwork before they could take me to the hosbital
anyway i was in the hossbitale a few days, i think 10 days, and doctor macdonaald told my dad if he had called me 10 minutes later i would have died
i missed 4 months of school that year, and my teacher made a class project for all the kids to write me a letter. i remember mom reading those letters to me, i sure did like all the attention. i guess i got real skinny and i remember dad bring home cream from the farm, elbert and walters farm,  to this day i love to eat ceral with cream, but of course  cant do that for health reasons,  but it sure was good. a taste i never will forget

No comments:

Post a Comment